About Me

Canton, Michigan, United States
Recently did my first ever sledding - it was thrilling!!! and best part was although I was scared to death and afraid of loosing the control on snow board at such a speed ; my daughter, Akshata, who was sitting with me on sled...asked me to hold her as she was afraid (tooo)!!!! Now I could not afford to loose the control...can I? And finally I did it!!!! and she was sooooooo happy...she turned back while getting out of sled and said - "You are the Best Dad in this Whole Wide World!!!!!" Thank you god for everything....

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Perfect Diet

Few months back, old friend of mine visited me from Chicago. On our way to Detroit city sight seeing, we were visiting Fisher Mansion. While, I was driving through I-96 traffic, My friend and my son, Atharva, were chatting about topics ranging from School to Spirituality. My friend curious to know Atharva's knowledge about spirituality, decided to check his depth. We both were completely unaware of what's going to come back to us....He asked Atharva a basic question - what is spirituality? And without a pause, Atharva answered - "Its a health of a soul!" Not getting it, he asked Atharva to elaborate. After few seconds pause, Atharva explained - "how we need to exercise in order to maintain healthy body, one need to practice spirituality to maintain the health of soul, You need to feed the soul". Still not satisfied with his curiosity of gauging Atharva's depth, my friend asked further - " And how do you feed the soul? Without waiting for a single second, Atharva answered - Name chanting! Harinaam is the perfect diet!!!
Both of us were totally speechless...Atharva was then 8 yrs old! We just drove through this traffic thinking over what we just heard! I remembered Einstein's statement - "if you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough"! Atharva put it very simply that day - a perfect diet plan for all of us!

- Old story, somehow was saved as draft! publishing now!!! 

No comments: